About

Sunday 15 March 2015

The Fulminators form a posse to bring you a theme for an imaginary Western, with "Guns Blazing"


I recorded this as "Showdown in Cimarron" about five years' ago. I liked the chord sequence, but whenever I got the volume where I wanted it, the distortion would rattle my fillings, so, when I first published it, it was whisper-quiet. And far too long, at just under five minutes. So I went back, cut over 90 seconds out of it, re-recorded some of the guitar parts, kept all the percussion, changed the synthesised instruments around, made it as loud as I wanted, downloaded the result to iTunes - and the distortion was even worse. I tried changing all the guitar settings, because they were the problem - but I missed the classic jangly, trebly Telecaster sound, as well as the chunky power chords, so I reverted to the original guitar parts, made some compromises between volume and distortion levels, redownloaded the whole mess, and... well, it's better. Still too quiet, but until I get round to creating my own studio, I'll have to live with that. 

The film posters are fun, I think.  

No comments:

Post a Comment